Announcing our 5th annual photography calendar contest! AND this year we have MORE prizes for our winning photographers!
THIS YEAR’S THEME: Capturing the Best of the Pacific Northwest
Deadline for entry is September 16th, 2018.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO(S) at the bottom of the post.
- This year we are doing things a bit differently so more people can get involved AND we’re giving away some pretty cool prizes to our winning photographers!
- We will choose at least 2 photos with a max of 5 from each photographer’s submissions (as long as they meet all eligibility requirements) and put them into a blog post on our website titled “2019 Calendar Contest Voting”.
- The voting will be open to the public beginning September 24th and run until October 12th.
- Voters can only vote once per photo.
- The top vote getter will be awarded the coveted cover of the 2019 calendar, a $100 Gift Card to Hartnagel Building Supply AND a 16″ x 20″ metal print of their chosen photo from Bay Photo Lab.
- The next 12 photos with the most votes will receive prominent placement for each month in the calendar AND an 8.5″ x 11″ metal print of their chosen photo from Bay Photo Lab.
- The next 18 photos with the most votes will receive placement in smaller displayed areas of the calendar AND a 4″ x 6″ metal print of their chosen photo from Bay Photo Lab.
- *Only one metal print will be awarded per photographer. In the event of a submitting photographer receiving more than one photo in the calendar, as per the online vote totals, the highest voted photograph will be the one awarded in metal print form.
- A small private reception will be held December 7th at Hartnagels @ 10:30am with coffee and cookies in honor of all the winning photographers. They will receive their awarded prints and 5 calendars each. *Anyone who cannot attend will have their awarded print mailed to them free of charge.
- All winning photographers will be notified via email by November 30th, 2018.
- Calendars will be available free to the public at both Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply beginning December 7th.
Here are the important guidelines and details to the contest:
- Photos must be taken by you.
- Photos must be taken in the Northwest. (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia)
- Photos must be JPEGs.
- Horizontal pictures work best for the calendar.
- Photos MUST be at least 300dpi and at a minimum of 11″ X 8.5″ ( 3300 x 2550) Lower resolution photos will not be considered. So make sure your image settings are correct!
- Any photo with a greater proportion of 8.5 x 11 will be cropped.
- Please make sure that no single image is over 23MB in size (total submission should not exceed 100MB)
- Please pick your best photos. Multiples of the same shot will not be considered.
- There is a 5 image submission limit per photographer. So send us your very best!
New to photography? No problem!
We want everyone to be able to enter. Check out the links below for a bit of photography help.
Here’s some tips!
- The Top 5 Photography Tips For Absolute Beginners
- Phone Photography 101
- iPhone camera tips to take better photos
- How to take better photos with your Android phone
Free photo editor! Just click below, sign up for free, download a picture, edit as you wish, save and Viola!
By submitting your photo(s) to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply’s 2019 Calendar Photo Contest, you grant Angeles Millwork and Hartnagel permission to reproduce, distribute, and publish your name and photographs in our calendar and promotional materials. You retain all other rights to your photography.
Entries should include:
- Name of person who took the photo (REQUIRED)
- Phone number (REQUIRED for internal use only)
- Email address (REQUIRED for internal use only)
- Title and Location of the photo (REQUIRED)
Your phone number and email address are for internal use only and will NOT be published in the calendar or used for solicitation.
Hurry our deadline is September 16!
Use the form below to submit your entry in our 2019 Calendar Photo Contest and Good Luck!
Photos MUST be at least 300dpi and at a minimum of 11″ X 8.5″ ( 3300 x 2550) LOWER RESOLUTION PHOTOS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. So make sure your image settings are correct!
If in doubt please read the article HERE to see if your photos meet the requirements for entry listed above.