To fill the client’s desire for SIPS on a custom Ked-Ter Construction Inc. home, Angeles Millwork has become a preferred dealer of Premier SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels). The anatomy of a Premier SIP is a composite of three materials. OSB, InsulFoam EPS and a Laminating Adhesive. SIPS will be a welcome addition to our quality building products and will allow homeowners and contractors the ability to build homes and commercial buildings with the potential to save money on labor and create stronger, more energy efficient structures.
Imagine buildings with large soaring roof lines, open vaulted ceilings and no truss system. When buildings are constructed with Premier SIP roofs, the roof structure alone is strong enough that it doesn’t need an engineered truss system. Without the need for trusses, Architects and Designers have the opportunity to use their design creativity like never before.
The strength of a Premier SIPS structure gives building owners peace of mind that their new home or building is strong enough to last for years to come. Just ask the Premier SIPS homeowners who survived the Kobe, Japan earthquake (6.5 magnitude) in the 1980’s. Their Structural Insulated Panel framed buildings were some of the few that remained standing after this earthquake.
Premier SIPS are delivered to the jobsite pre-cut ready for assembly. The large wall, roof and floor panels can be installed much like a puzzle. The speedy installation not only saves builders time in the framing process, but the straight panels offer features that save other subcontractors hours (and even days) in their trades.
Straighter wall and floor panels mean the walls do not bow and curve, ensure faster installation of cabinets and counter tops, enable flooring contractors to lay tile, wood and other flooring products…all without the need of endless shimming and cutting. Straight walls help doors, windows and millwork go into place seamlessly, and offer lighting experts a flat surface to showcase interior lighting effects on a flat surface. And don’t forget the building and homeowners, who are able to display art and photographs on flat walls that do not bow or bend.
The environmental benefits of choosing Premier Structural Insulated products are huge. As if significantly lower energy bills and reduced jobsite construction waste wasn’t enough to convince you that Premier SIPS are the cream of the “green” building products available today. Then consider that Premier SIPS offer the use of materials made from rapidly renewable resources, better indoor air quality and temperature control and available tax credits & environmental certifications for the builder and homeowners. We think you’ll agree that Premier SIPS are one of the best environmental framing products on the market.
SIPS Advantages to the Home Owner
- Structurally Superior: Compared to non-engineered 2×6″ lumber.
- Sound Investment: Appraisers now recognize advanced building materials and sustainable features in home values.
- Strong Warranty Offers Peace of Mind (you won’t see this with stick framed lumber).
- Reduced Heating/Cooling Costs: Up to 60% less!
- Better for the Environment: Less energy used, reduces green house gas emissions.
- Healthier Home Environments: Large panels with far fewer joints than stick framed construction mean fewer pollutants are able to enter the walls.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Tighter and better insulated structures enable the occupants to regulate the air quality with simple ventilation techniques.
- Faster construction time: SIP panels come precut from the factory per your custom plans. Much like a jig saw puzzle, SIPs are installed in days rather than weeks. Therefore, a SIPs house can be dried in and ready for siding/roofing much faster than traditional 2×6 framed construction and batt insulation.
Check out the first eleven minutes of the video below shows the production of SIPS and tests their ability to hold up to loads, sheer and storm damage.
Learn more about the advantages of SIPS…