Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply, employee owned companies are hiring!
Our team of employee owners are made up of the most creative, knowledgeable and caring that the North Peninsula has to offer. We consider all our customers to be family with most known by first name.
We are looking for leaders who enjoy customer service and have the work ethic to do it right the first time.
Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply have been community fixtures in the area for over 111 years and we offer the best in building materials to the industry professional and the do-it-yourselfer. If the opportunity to be on our team is enticing to you then we encourage you to apply!
COMPENSATION: $14/hour or DOE
BASIC FUNCTION: Responds immediately and with courtesy to the needs of customers and co-workers, answers telephones promptly, performs sales transactions through POS system, learns basic product information, maintains a clean, organized and safe store.
- Provides the highest possible level of service to all customers with the main objective of serving our customers.
- Interacts in a positive manner with customers in person and on the telephone. Assists with questions regarding merchandise, location of merchandise in store, pricing and promotions.
- Answers telephone inquiries pleasantly and promptly.
- Provides customers with information on additional items related to purchases made; ie., up selling and add on sales.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products sold, product usage, product prices and new products on the market.
- Listens to a customer’s complaint with the objective of solving the problem.
- Complies with Company procedures on sales transactions, paperwork, refunds, credit memos, etc.
- Accepts returned merchandise by verifying documents and merchandise.
- Coordinates with receiving/warehouse to restock returned merchandise.
- Locates, orders and follows up on special order items.
- Must understand and use proper cash handling techniques.
- Maintains stock, displays and housekeeping for assigned areas.
- Complies with dress code specified by Company policy.
- Assists supervisor, other employees as needed.
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Promotes team concept.
- Assist with any other duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions and complete forms.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and legible written skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands.
- Above average communication skills including reading, writing and computer.
- A Pre-Hired (WA State Standards) Drug Test is Required
- Health Benefits after 90 days (FULL TIME)
- Employee Discount
- Company Ownership Retirement Plan (FULL TIME)