BASIC FUNCTION: Responds to customers needs, answers telephone inquiries, demonstrates products and closes sales. Maintains a clean, organized and safe store.
- Provides the highest possible level of service to all customers with the main objective of serving our customers.
- Interacts in a positive manner with customers in person and on the telephone. Assists with questions regarding merchandise, location of merchandise in store, pricing and promotions.
- Answers telephone inquiries pleasantly and promptly.
- Provides customers with information on additional items related to purchases made; ie., up selling and add on sales.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products sold, product usage, product prices and new products on the market.
- Listens to a customer’s complaint with the objective of solving the problem.
- Complies with Company procedures on sales transactions, paperwork, refunds, credit memos, etc.
- Accepts returned merchandise by verifying documents and merchandise.
- Coordinates with receiving/warehouse to restock returned merchandise.
- Locates, orders and follows up on special order items.
- Must understand and use proper cash handling techniques.
- Maintains stock, displays and housekeeping for assigned areas.
- Complies with dress code specified by Company policy.
- Assists supervisor, other employees as needed.
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Promotes team concept.
- Assist with any other duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions and complete forms.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and legible written skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands.
- Above average communication skills including reading, writing and computer.
- A Pre-Hired Drug Test is Required
- Health Benefits after 90 days (FULL TIME)
- Employee Discount
- Company Ownership Shares (FULL TIME)
The application must be filled out completely to be considered for the position.
You can drop off your completed application in person or mail to
Hartnagel Building Supply 3111 East HWY 101 Port Angeles, WA 98362
or fax to 360-452-8943