Hartnagel Building Supply. Inc, an all employee owned company is hiring!
Our team of employee owners make up a wide range of the most creative, knowledgeable and caring that the North Peninsula has to offer. We consider our customers to be family and most we know by first name, so we are looking for the pinnacle of leadership, accountability and customer service in our hires.
Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply have been community fixtures in the area for over 111 years and we offer the best in building materials to the industry professional and the do-it-yourselfer. If the opportunity to be on our team is enticing to you then we encourage you to apply!
Paint Specialist/Retail Sales Professional
COMPENSATION: DOE $12 – $16 an hour to start
BASIC FUNCTION: The Paint Specialist/Retail Sales Professional is responsible for the service of customers, retail sales and able to help facilitate all customer paint requests.
- Provide amazing customer service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance
- Provide information on product features, benefits, uses and know related items to sell for an entire project
- Greet, qualify, recommend and close sales for customers in the paint department
- Troubleshoot customer issues and problems that may arise
- Possess basic knowledge of other departments
- Ability to identify and explain different types of paint
- Identify and explain different paint finishes
- Explain decorative finishes
- Identify and explain various painters’ tools
- Ability to explain the different uses of adhesives, solvents, caulk
- Maintain the in-stock position of assigned area, and ensure that it is clean, shop able, and safe
- Work in cooperation with Store Management, other sales departments, and the front-end associates to ensure customers’ needs are met
- Use various equipment and machinery to match and mix paint; must be able to visually distinguish slight differences in a vast array of colors
- Responsible for Paint training, coaching and developing store associates in the Paint department
- Provides the highest possible level of service to all customers with the main objective of serving our customers
- Interacts in a positive manner with customers in person and on the telephone. Assists with questions regarding merchandise, location of merchandise in store, pricing and promotions.
- Answers telephone inquiries pleasantly and promptly
- Provides customers with information on additional items related to purchases made; ie., up selling and add on sales
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products sold, product usage, product prices and new products on the market
- Listens to a customer’s complaint with the objective of solving the problem
- Complies with Company procedures on sales transactions, paperwork, refunds, credit memos, etc.
- Accepts returned merchandise by verifying documents and merchandise
- Coordinates with receiving/warehouse to restock returned merchandise
- Locates, orders and follows up on special order items
- Must understand and use proper cash handling techniques
- Maintains stock, displays and housekeeping for assigned areas
- Complies with dress code specified by Company policy
- Assists supervisor, other employees as needed
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required
- Promotes team concept
- Assist with any other duties as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions and complete forms
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and legible written skills
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands
- Above average communication skills including reading, writing and computer
- A Pre-Hired Drug Test is Required
- Health Benefits within 90 days (FULL TIME)
- Employee Discount
- Company Ownership Shares (FULL TIME)
The application must be filled out completely to be considered for the position.
You can drop off your completed application in person or mail to
Hartnagel Building Supply 3111 East HWY 101 Port Angeles, WA 98362
or fax to 360-452-8943