Hartnagel Building Supply, an all employee owned company is hiring!
Our team of employee owners make up a wide range of the most creative, knowledgeable and caring that the North Peninsula has to offer. We consider our customers to be family with most we know by first name, so we are looking for the pinnacle of leadership, accountability and customer service in our hires.
Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply have been community fixtures in the area for over 111 years and we offer the best in building materials to the industry professional and the do-it-yourselfer. If the opportunity to be on our team is enticing to you then we encourage you to apply!
CABINETRY DESIGN AND SALES
COMPENSATION: DOE + Commission
BASIC FUNCTION: The Cabinetry Designer will be responsible for designing and selling highly accurate cabinetry packages created on 20/20 software for Pro Builders and homeowners. They will be responsible for maintaining relationships with vendors and clients.
- Residential kitchen design and sales experience.
- 20/20 design software experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel to surrounding towns for site visits (Port Townsend to Forks).
- Available full time including some weekends.
- Ability to be detail orientated and highly accurate in measuring and recording data conducive to cabinet design.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Thrives in collaborative environments.
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate – this is a critical component
- Proactive nature.
- Following up with customers.
- Creating and following up with new leads.
- Create appointments for onsite visits to obtain in-home measurements.
- Prepare designs through computer aided 20/20 program.
- Provide detailed estimates, proposals and sales contracts.
- Placing orders and communicating with vendors.
- Scheduling deliveries.
- After delivery communication with customer for follow up and onsite visits to assure design questions and concerns are met.
- Attend and participate in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Assist as needed with any other duties as required.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Improving revenue.
- Analyzing accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Generating reports and giving presentations.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: 1+ year of Kitchen/Cabinetry design utilizing 20/20 software
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales, customer service and training skills.
- Strong knowledge of building material products
- Knowledge of point-of-sale system, basic business accounting, safety and store security.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to talk and listen.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and use hands and fingers to handle objects and computer controls.
- Ability to lift and/or move 90 pounds safely.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to pass a pre-hire drug test
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work inside in controlled temperature conditions.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- Moderately normal noise level.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- First Aid / CPR Certification