Coats and shoes are the true basics every kid should have when walking out the door of their home. Now you can play a pivotal role in making it a reality!
Join us for Community First Saturday, September 7th, and come together to help us collect new coats and shoes while also raising funds for Coats for Kids, a local non-profit whose mission is to keep in need kids in our community clothed with new coats and shoes.
Coats for Kids, now in its 22nd year was founded by Denny Kuhnhausen and local volunteers. The local non-profit has given over 5000 coats and shoes to kids on the Olympic Peninsula since 1996.
When you shop September 7th, we’ll donate 5% of sales to Coats for Kids with each $40 increment going towards coat “vouchers” that can be used by in need kids to trade for a new coat or pair of shoes at some participating local retailers. Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels will also be accepting new coat and shoe donations as well as monetary donations as part of this month’s CFS.
Donations of new coats or shoes at one of our stores are encouraged. Donations of coats or shoes can be made right to our front counters. Please make sure when donating that they meet the following requirements to make sure items can be easily distributed to area children.
Donated coats and shoes should be new.
We encourage donated coats and shoes to be more geared to the warm side to ensure winter use.
Kids sizes are encouraged although new coats and shoes in smaller adult sizes will be welcomed.
Participating local business in the Coats for Kids Voucher System
Representatives from Coats for Kids will be at both Angeles Millwork and Hartnagel Building Supply September 7th to collect new coats and shoes while providing information about the non-profit.
Coats for Kids mission is to provide warm coats and shoes to area kids in need. The non-profit is entirely made up of volunteers and has NO administrative costs, so 100% of donations go directly to an area child in need.
The employee owners of Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels chose Coats for Kids as a Community First Saturday recipient because we believe in making sure children don’t go into the world without proper warm clothing and safe footwear. Our support of Coats for Kids will help to keep local children focused on what children should be focused on. Play, learning and proper development. We believe having sufficient clothes should be the last thing a kid should be worrying about.
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- LEARN. Go directly to the Coats for Kids Facebook page by clicking HERE
- DONATE. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month.
- PURCHASE. A new warm coat or pair of shoes in children’s sizes can be bought and donated by dropping it off at our front counter!
- SHOP. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- SHARE. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our CFS posts with your friends. The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- SUPPORT. It’s not just our stores that give to local non-profits. Many others on the Olympic Peninsula do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping locally with like-minded businesses that give back to our community.