Parenting Matters Foundation is here to help parents do an excellent job of raising their children. We want to encourage them be involved parents because their job is such an important one.
Join us for Community First Saturday, October 5th, and come together to help raise funds for First Teacher/Parenting Matters Foundation, a non-profit that helps parents to be their child’s First Teacher.
First Teacher/Parenting Matters Foundation provides researched-based parenting information through a monthly newsletter that includes articles about child development, early literacy, bonding, teaching responsibility, health & safety issues, activities to do with your child, maintaining your relationship with your partner, and appropriate discipline. They also offer weekly classes for young children and parents at the Sequim Boys and Girls Club as well as countywide parenting classes.
When you shop October 5th, we’ll donate 5% of sales to Parenting Matters Foundation and you can know that your purchase has helped parents in our community gain new skills to become their child’s best first teacher.
Representatives from Parenting Matters Foundation will be at Hartnagel Building Supply to provide information about their parent education materials for parents of preschool children from pregnancy to pre-kindergarten.
Children do not come with instruction manuals when they are born. Parents need help in raising happy, healthy children. The Child Mental Health Foundation and Agencies Network (FAN) says, “children who do not begin kindergarten socially and emotionally competent are often not successful in the early years of school—and can be plagued by behavioral, emotional, academic, and social development problems that follow them into adulthood.”
The employee owners of Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels chose Parenting Matters Foundation as a Community First Saturday recipient because we believe in supporting educational opportunities for our communities’ new parents. The initial stages of development in a child’s life are pivotal for both the child and the parent. Giving parents more educational opportunities will greatly benefit the lives of their children and be a gift for our community.
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- LEARN. Go directly to the Parenting Matters Foundation website by clicking HERE
- DONATE. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month. OR click HERE and donate directly now!
- SHOP. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- SHARE. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our CFS posts with your friends. The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- SUPPORT. It’s not just our stores that give to local non-profits. Many others on the Olympic Peninsula do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping locally with like-minded businesses that give back to our community.
Together, we can make our community a better place for all our children. Supporting groups that take our kids into environments that nurture personal discovery and growth will go a long way in achieving that and your generosity makes that possible.
Mark it down on your calendar, set a reminder on your phone and come to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. or Hartnagel Building Supply, Saturday October 5th and shop with a purpose for the Parenting Matters Foundation!