No Veteran should be homeless and no Veteran should want for medical care, food or shelter. It is our purpose to shelter homeless Veterans and aid them in healing.
Join us for Community First Saturday, November 2nd, and assist in raising funds for Sarge’s Veteran Support, a non-profit whose mission is is to heal the wounds, to restore dignity, hope and self-sufficiency to all Veterans in need and to significantly reduce homelessness and poverty among our local Veterans.
Sarge’s Veteran Support was established to shelter and house the homeless Veterans of Clallam and Jefferson Counties. Sarge’s Veteran Support owns and operates “Sarge’s Place” – a shelter for homeless Veterans and has become a hub for Veteran resources within the community. Since 2011, they have created a permanent supportive family apartment building in Port Angeles, as well as permanent supportive housing project in Forks. Sarge’s Veteran Support is currently developing “Hobucket House”, a 7-bedroom home for Vietnam Veterans with chronic medical conditions, which will be located in Forks. The goal of Sarge’s Veteran Support is to empower Veterans and aid them to find center again.
When you shop November 2nd, we’ll donate 5% of sales to Sarge’s Veteran Support and you can know that your purchases have helped ensure our area veterans get the attention they deserve.
Representatives from Sarge’s Veteran Support will be at both Angeles Millwork and Hartnagel Building Supply November 2nd to share with you the essential duties they accomplish for our area veterans and to ask for needed donations to further their selfless mission.
Sarge’s Veteran Support has housed 164 Veterans since 2011, 15 partners/spouses, 31 children, and hundreds of Veterans within Clallam County whom have requested referrals, direction or assistance from their Staff. Sarge’s Veteran Support is the bastion of Veteran support within our region and has grown their knowledge base to serve those around us and are a trusted agency within the community of the Olympic Peninsula.
The employee owners of Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels chose Sarge’s Veteran Support because we believe those who have served our country deserve unwavering support, guidance and assistance in living their life with the dignity.
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- LEARN. Go directly to the Sarge’s Veteran Support website by clicking HERE
- DONATE. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month. OR visit the Sarge’s Place website and donate directly through PayPal now!
- SHOP. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- SHARE. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our CFS posts with your friends. Also like the Sarge’s Place Facebook page HERE. The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- SUPPORT. It’s not just our stores that give to local non-profits. Many others on the Olympic Peninsula do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping locally with like-minded businesses that give back to our community.
Mark it down on your calendar, set a reminder on your phone and march down to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. or Hartnagel Building Supply, Saturday November 2nd and shop with a purpose for Sarge’s Veteran Support!