Community First Saturday (CFS) is back after a successful 2018 campaign, helping 14 non-profits by raising over $11,000! We look towards 2019 with huge confidence that with help we can assist 10 additional deserving non-profits within our local community.
Join us Saturday, March 2nd as we come together to support the Boys & Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula (The Club), by making purchases or donating directly in our stores. Representatives from the Club will be present at Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply, with information about the crucial services they provide for our youth.
5% of all retail sales collected that Saturday and 100% of donations taken in the store will be given to this essential organization.
The Club in Port Angeles is the only exclusive non-fee based youth organization in our community, serving children ages 6-18 with a safe place to come, a nutritious meal, assistance with homework, and varied enriching activities.
Funds raised at the stores will be used to help in the construction of a new Club facility.
The new Club, located in Port Angeles, will be strategically located on Lauridsen Boulevard, with approximately 15,000 square feet of desperately needed space. The Club will be able to offer new activities and strengthen existing programs. With an improved physical presence, the Club will invigorate its identity among children, parents, and members of the community. Demographic research showed that the community’s children are underserved, and the Club intends to close the gap. The facility will feature a gymnasium, teen center, middle school room, games room, computer lab, kitchen, art room, and education room. Based on the youth population of the community, the Club anticipates growth over the next three years to 800 members with an average daily attendance of 250, matching the Clubhouse in Sequim.
The employee owners of Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels chose the Boys & Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula as a CFS recipient, because we believe that our community’s youth thrive in environments of expression, exercise, guidance and nutrition.
The Boys & Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula relies on donations to maintain and grow their services to our youth in the community.
Your participation matters!
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- LEARN. Go directly to the Club’s website by clicking HERE.
- DONATE. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month. OR even better, click HERE to donate directly to the Club!
- SHOP. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- VOLUNTEER. Most non-profits are desperate for your talent and nothing feels better than doing something for another. Learn more about volunteering with the Club by clicking HERE!
- SHARE. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our CFS posts with your friends. Also, like the Boys & Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula’s Facebook page HERE too! The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- SUPPORT. It’s not just our stores that give and donate to local non-profits. Many others on the Olympic Peninsula do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping with like-minded businesses that give back to our community.