Nurturing our community’s connection with nature and each other through immersive outdoor experiences.
Join us for Community First Saturday, June 1st, and come together to help raise funds for Olympic Nature Experience (ONE) who provides immersive outdoor education experiences that help instill an appreciation for nature in our community.
When you shop June 1st we’ll donate 5% of sales right back into our community. When we combine our efforts, it is possible to nurture our community’s connection with nature and each other.
Representatives from ONE will be at Hartnagel Building Supply sharing about their outdoor educational programs and clubs for our communities’ youths.
Olympic Nature Experience’s Vision is that every person in our community can develop a deep sense of connection and appreciation for our local, natural environment that positively affects their daily actions and decisions.
Olympic Nature experience hosts a variety of programs for youth and families on the Olympic Peninsula:
- Owl’s Hollow Early Learning: At Owl’s Hollow Early Learning, an all outdoor preschool program, we empower a life-long love of learning through positive modeling and prompting, engagement of the senses, exploration, child-led curriculum and encouragement of natural curiosity.
- Owl’s Hollow Nature Skills: Two levels of homeschool enrichment programs offer children from 5-10 years old the opportunity to learn about experience nature through various activities.
- Adventure Club: An all outdoor, teacher led play group that nurtures connection with community and nature. Through sensory exploration, nature knowledge, games, stories, songs and nature play, families are given the opportunity to connect with their children in a relaxed, safe, and supported way in nature
- After School Programs: Each week after school, students hop off the school bus and we explore the forests, river, trails and open spaces at Railroad Bridge Park.
- Camps: Children will play in the forest and splash in the ocean all while strengthening their critical thinking, curiosity and imaginations.
The employee owners of Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels chose ONE as a CFS recipient because we believe that our natural world is the perfect place for childhood learning. The passion ONE has for creating educational environments, where children are literally getting their hands dirty, will foster growth beyond the four walls of a normal classroom.
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- LEARN. Go directly to the ONE website by clicking HERE.
- DONATE. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month. OR even better, click HERE to donate directly to ONE!
- SHOP. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- SHARE. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our CFS posts with your friends. The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- SUPPORT. It’s not just our stores that give to local non-profits. Many others on the Olympic Peninsula do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping locally with like-minded businesses that give back to our community.
Olympic Nature Experience is able to nurture our community’s connection with nature through immersive outdoor experiences due to strong community support and financial contributions.
Together, we are connecting the next generation to nature, empowering future conservation leaders and creating ripple effects that impact families, communities, and our whole region. Your generosity makes that possible.
Mark it down on your calendar, set a reminder on your phone and come to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. or Hartnagel Building Supply, Saturday June 1st and shop with a purpose for the Olympic Nature Experience!