The Port Angeles High School Equestrian Team teaches the value of hard work, shows off the power and grace of horse and handler and maintains the competitive spirit.
Walk, trot, or gallop to Community First Saturday, July 6th, and come together to help raise funds for the Port Angeles High School Equestrian Team (PAHSET), a competitive co-op team that includes members from Port Angeles, Forks, and Chimacum high schools. PAHSET is categorized as a club – which means funds are provided by members and fundraising rather than by the school.
When you shop July 6th, we’ll donate 5% of sales right back into our community. A common maxim is that two horses can pull three times as much as one horse alone. As a community we can do better than as individuals.
Representatives from PAHSET will be at Hartnagel Building Supply to provide information about their team.
The Port Angeles High School Equestrian Team’s Vision is that everyone who comes to an event or gets a chance to see them perform develop a deep respect for horses and an appreciation for the awesome ability and skill it takes to perform the challenge of each event.
The Port Angeles High School Equestrian Team competes in regional events and this year’s team is composed of accomplished equestrians:
- Washington High School Equestrian Team: PAHSET competes against other high schools in the region in a variety of events including cow sorting, breakaway roping, Canadian flags, and individual flags. Top performers in each competition move on to State Championships.
- Pacific Northwest Invitational Championships: Several of the PAHSET members have qualified for State Championship this year and have a shot at participation in the PNWIC which pits Washington competitors against those from Oregon.
- PAHSET Scholarships: The team offers scholarships to high school seniors who have been members of the Equestrian Team.
- Record-Breaking Participants: This year alone, PAHSET members have broken four district records:
- Cow Sorting – Cassi Ann Moore/Zoe Thompson 51.03 seconds
- Breakaway Roping – Cassi Ann Moore 2.59 seconds
- Canadian Flags – Cassi Ann Moore/Emma Albright/Abby Hjelmeseth/Madison Carlson 35.219 seconds
- Individual Flags – Emma Albright 8.302 seconds
The employee owners of Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels chose PAHSET as a CFS recipient because we believe in teamwork, patience, animal husbandry and respect & care for animals. PAHSET members develop a strong work ethic both from caring for their animals and self-fundraising within the community.
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- DONATE. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month.
- SHOP. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- SHARE. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our CFS posts with your friends. The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- SUPPORT. It’s not just our stores that give to local non-profits. Many others on the Olympic Peninsula do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping locally with like-minded businesses that give back to our community.
Together, we are connecting the next generation to a tradition of equestrianism and providing these local youth with support an environment of fun and friendship. Your generosity makes that possible.
Mark it down on your calendar, set a reminder on your phone and come to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. or Hartnagel Building Supply, Saturday July 6th and shop with a purpose for the Port Angeles High School Equestrian Team!