In April, we would like to invite you to join us Saturday, April 6th , when we pledge our support to a favorite area non-profit, the Olympic Peninsula Humane Society (OPHS). You can help out our four-legged friends by making purchases or donating directly in our stores. Representatives from OPHS, (two- legged AND four-legged) will be present at Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply, asking for support and providing information about the extensive services they provide for our area’s animals.
OPHS is the only “High-Save” agency on the entire Olympic Peninsula that takes in every animal, regardless of age, disposition or health, never euthanizing an animal for space or time spent waiting for adoption. Additionally, OPHS has contracted with the cities of Port Angeles, Sequim, as well as Clallam County, to be available with veterinarian care and shelter, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Over 1,400 animals come through the doors every year, hoping for new, forever-homes.
At OPHS, care for the animals is paramount. Often a call comes in during the middle of the night to help a dog or cat that has been abandoned on the side of the road or found roaming and lost, or worse yet, severely injured. In 2018, OPHS spent nearly $59,000 in emergency medical, life-saving procedures. Medical expenses continue to escalate along with food and utility costs necessary for everyday care. The funds collected during Community First Saturday will help OPHS continue this very important, life-saving work.
The employee owners of Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels chose OPHS as a CFS recipient because we are passionate about the care and eventual placement into a loving and nurturing home for our four-legged residents.
OPHS relies on donations to continue their services to the animals in our community and your participation makes the difference!
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- LEARN. Go directly to the OPHS website by clicking HERE.
- DONATE. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month. OR even better, click HERE to donate directly to OPHS!
- SHOP. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- VOLUNTEER. Most non-profits are desperate for your talent and nothing feels better than doing something for another. Learn more about volunteering with OPHS by clicking HERE!
- SHARE. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our CFS posts with your friends. Also, like the OPHS Facebook page HERE too! The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- SUPPORT. It’s not just our stores that give to local non-profits. Many others on the Olympic Peninsula do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping locally with like-minded businesses that give back to our community.