Community First Saturdays were a huge success in 2019 and helped to lift up our community non-profits while giving them a needed platform to raise funds and awareness.
Each one of our customers and employee owners played a huge part in giving over $14,000 back to the community. It’s safe to say we should all be extremely proud of the devotion we all have for our community and its growth.
Starting April 4th and scheduled every first Saturday of the month through December, Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels will be donating 5% of retail sales along with 100% of direct donations taken in the weeks preceding the event. (See schedule below.)
For our customers. We absolutely need your assistance in these promotions. The ultimate success is based upon your support and we’re asking for your continued efforts to help our community non-profits.
How can you help the chosen non-profit for the month?
- Donate. While at Angeles Millwork or Hartnagels, be sure to drop a buck in our donation box. 100% of funds go directly to the non-profit of the month.
- Shop. 5% of all retail sales on the first Saturday of the month go to the non-profit of the month AND we sell awesome building and home improvement stuff!
- Volunteer. Most non-profits are desperate for your talent and nothing feels better than doing something for another. Contact them through the links below!
- Share. Like our Facebook page HERE and share our Community First Saturday posts with your friends. The more awareness we can raise, the more we support our community of givers!
- Support. It’s not just our stores that give and donate to local non-profits. Many others in Port Angeles and Sequim do as well. Make a point to show your support by shopping with like minded businesses that give back to our community.
We hope that our customers can take pride in shopping with us, as we are all an integral piece in making the community we live in a better place.
Tentative Schedule for Community First Saturdays Click below for more info!
- APRIL – Sequim Wheelers – A Wheelchair Bike Program
- MAY – Pet Posse
- JUNE – Green Alliance for Veteran Education
- JULY – Feiro Marine Life Center *
- *WILL BE HELD ON JULY 11th TO AVOID 4TH OF JULY CONFLICTS.
- AUGUST – Discovery Bay Wild Bird Rescuer
- SEPTEMBER – The Answer For Youth
- OCTOBER – Operation Uplift
- NOVEMBER – National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- DECEMBER – Friends of Forks Animals
During promotions, chosen organizations will be given the following additional assistance in conjunction with raised funds.
- Website blog post describing the organization, it’s mission, goals and where the awarded funds will be utilized.
- Facebook “boosted” posts advertising the non-profit.
- A personalized radio mention featuring the organization.
- Facebook event post, advertising the event and the organization.
- In store advertisements leading up to the event.
- In store donation box displayed on our front counters leading up to the “Community First Saturday”.
- In store display by the chosen non-profit on the 1st Saturday of the month informing customers about their organization.