David and Lisa Murphy, Owners
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
Rain Shadow Handyman offers a wide array of home owner services from preventive maintenance and emergency response to scheduled absentee home owner property checks and storm response. We believe in doing a job right and solving issues completely, services listed below are examples of work we specialize in, if you don’t see a task listed that you need done: give us a call for a complimentary quote.
One of our better references is our former home in Renton. Originally purchased as a complete fixer upper, the home was completely transformed over many nights and weekends and we did all the work listed below (with a ton of support from Lisa).
- Re-roofed including all new decking, added 4 skylights, installed custom hidden metal gutters.
- Updated all windows to vinyl low e and fully insulated home, resided the two weather sides and wrapped them with Tyvek.
- Remodeled both bathrooms with heated granite floors, granite counters and shower surround (amazing how good a heated stone floor is on your feet!).
- Raised the ceilings in the kitchen, master bedroom, and bath.
- Complete kitchen remodel and expansion, changed wall openings and re-framed headers into ceiling, designed cabinets (cabinet company made them, David installed). Scene lighting for kitchen and dining area was installed as well as in-ceiling stereo speakers.
- Updated all plumbing to copper.
- Upgraded electrical to 200 amp service with new breaker box and added dedicated circuits for all appliances and alarm system.
- Wired the home with Cat5e, wired smoke detectors, and in ceiling IR repeaters (for remote control of stereo).
- Built new upper and lower decks with LED lighting, BBQ plumbed to natural gas, pond, and shade trellis. A custom potting shed with potting shelf, skylight, and opening shutters was built to de-clutter the garage.
- Landscaped front with dry creek and natural stone bridge, added stone pathways to front and rear gardens.
- All new low voltage and LED lighting inside. Key doors updated to solid wood, all trim replaced with natural hemlock.
- We did all of the color design and updated all of the light switches to illuminated Decora style, Outlets were also updated to Decora and all face-plates were changed out to screw-less for a clean look and feel.
- It should be noted that Lisa did the staging for the photographs. The home sold in 4 days for significantly more than the asking price.
- Absentee landlord property checks
- Senior and accessibility modifications
- Child proofing
- Appliance installation and repair
Closet upgrades and organization systems
- Building new closets
- Converting excess rooms or space into closet, pantry, or storage space
- Leak repair
- Garbage disposal install and replacement
- Toilet repair or replacement
- Faucets upgrades and repairs
- Trim and Cabinets
- Upgrading kitchens, baths, and trim
- Heated stone and tile floors
- “Pergo” or laminated flooring installed and repaired
- Solid wood floors installed and finished
Doors and Windows
- Skylights and Solar Tubes installed and leaks fixed
- Upgrade exterior or interior doors
- Upgrade window(s) or replace broken panes
- Drafts fixed
- Windows upgraded
- Security upgrades (Deadbolts, Flush Bolts, and other devices)
- Drywall installed and repaired
- Mold testing and remediation
We shop at Angeles Millwork and Lumber & Hartnagel Building Supply for a few reasons: Customer Service and experience being the first, the long term staff is always great to work with and help us tackle unique one off projects quickly. The products in store are first rate, the lumber is light years beyond the big box stock, it’s heavier (from additional growth rings) and straight. We’re a small local company and like to keep our spending in the community, local free delivery helps us keep our costs low to our customers.
To submit a request for more information from Rainshadow Handyman please fill out the below form and click “SEND”. A representative from Rainshadow Handyman will be in contact with you shortly.